IABC Mentorship Program
Applications are now open for IABC Greater Cincinnati's 2023-2024 Fuel the Future Mentorship Program.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2023 11:59 p.m. EST
About Fuel the Future
This initiative pairs Greater Cincinnati area college students with members of the Greater Cincinnati Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators. Our Chapter members are communications professionals with a wide range of expertise. IABC is a globally connected community of international communication leaders who are advancing the profession through continuous development and learning.
What students can expect
- The Greater Cincinnati Chapter will pay for the student’s 12-month IABC membership.
- The student will select a mentor from a list of participating Greater Cincinnati Chapter Board members. Each mentor's bio, background, and professional credentials will be shared.
- Each student will serve as an ad hoc member on the IABC Greater Cincinnati Committee of their choice, gaining insights and experiences in professional organizations that will translate into the work environment. Choices include:
- PR & marketing communication - web copy, social media, event promo, blog posts
- Programs and activities - work with Board members to plan and implement
- DEI call to action - The Communication Professionals' Declaration and Resources
- Sponsorship - research and assess potential Chapter and program sponsors
- Membership - analyze member/prospective demographics, engagement, and more
- Gain demonstrable skills and insights working with professionals from a range of industries.
- Build communication skills within a practical and professional volunteer environment.
- Get personalized, one-on-one guidance for career development.
- Access the latest trends and resources from the communication field.
- Complimentary registrations for all IABC Greater Cincinnati programs/events.
- Paid registrations to four virtual IABC events sponsored by other IABC Chapters across the globe. (Note: these events do not include Leadership Institute or the June 2024 IABC World Conference in Chicago.)
To apply, students must be:
- Enrolled full-time or part-time college student in good standing.
- Seeking a degree in a communication/communication-related major.
- Show a commitment toward pursuing a career in the communications profession.
About the Selection Process
IABC Greater Cincinnati’s Fuel the Future committee will review all applications.
- Essay questions will be scored by each committee member.
- Scores will be averaged for each applicant.
- Those applicants with the highest scores will be invited for a virtual interview.
- After the interviews, at least two students will be selected for the mentorship program and will proceed with the onboarding process.
Email us at email@example.com.