United Way of Greater Cincinnati - Senior Director of Marketing
As Senior Director of Marketing, you will work to strengthen and grow UWGC’s brand, and engage stakeholders across sectors as the leading social impact organization in greater Cincinnati and our region. The Senior Director of Marketing will be responsible for developing and implementing a holistic content strategy to support United Way’s impact and fundraising business objectives. This includes understanding organizational, community and market trends to best connect United Way with target audiences; managing the creation of content for all United Way of Greater Cincinnati communication channels; ensuring that content is relevant and compelling to United Way’s diverse audiences. The director will set organization tone, voice and brand and ensure adherence.
Key areas of responsibility
- Lead United Way’s Content Strategy to Drive Impact and Fundraising Business Objectives
- Strategize, manage, and create compelling and engaging content for all United Way communication channels, including web/online, video, newsletters, direct emails, advertising, marketing collateral, social media and more.
- Manage consumer and market research to understand current fundraising and donor trends.
- Effectively leverage communication channels to drive fundraising revenue, influence consumer behavior, and grow relationships.
- Strategize and manage a compelling and engaging donor journey in collaboration with Resource Development team and ensure alignment and adherence across entire organization.
- Identify and create compelling, emotional stories that resonate, inspire, and motivate engagement with United Way.
- Lead marketing and communications for all UWGC critical products and organizational positioning in the region.
- Lead United Way of Greater Cincinnati Brand to Ensure a Compelling and Consistent Experience for Stakeholders
- Strategize and manage United Way of Greater Cincinnati brand and ensure alignment and adherence across entire organization.
- Drive alignment of all copy and content with brand positioning of United Way of Greater Cincinnati and United Way Worldwide.
- Lead in the development of all organizational campaign experiences, including marketing collateral, major-giving and individual engagement collateral.
- Lead a Team of Branding and Communications Professionals and Coordinate External Supports
- Manage team of communications professionals.
- Direct and coordinate purchase and/or negotiate paid and donated media placements across multiple channels.
- Liaise with creative agencies to assist with United Way creative and brand strategy.
- Create a collaborative environment for the Marketing Team.
- Serve on cross-functional committees and teams in support of the organization’s mission and goals.
- Manage small cross-functional team responsible for content creation, donor journey, donor engagement and storytelling.
- Ensure best practices when establishing goals and expectations for team members, providing timely, and constructive performance feedback, and defining growth roadmaps.
- Support team member development and provide challenging opportunities that enhance growth.
- Provide team members timely, candid and constructive performance feedback.
- Actively manage conflict and resolve and elevate disagreements as appropriate.
- Develop an inclusive pool of talent to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning.
- Recognize and reward team members for accomplishments.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong writer
- Accountability to team and self
Job relationships with:
- Interacts with team members at all levels of the organization
- Marketing team
- Resource Development team
- Community Impact team
- Area Center staff and others throughout the organization
- Also, external stakeholders such as:
- external advertising/design firms
- vendors and suppliers
- freelance designers
- agency partners’ staff
- corporate partners
- board members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of editorial, content marketing, content strategy or content curation role.
- Journalism, PR/communication, Agency, publishing and/or professional writing/storytelling background preferred.
- Various experiences building a brand in multiple markets, keeping in mind cultural differences across audience segments.
- Management experience, including recruiting, training and building teams, preferred.
- Superior writing and editing skills; knowledge of AP style; ability to write in a variety of styles/voices.
- Excellent verbal communication skills required, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple projects in varying degrees of implementation and understand and manage priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.