Want a peek at what your peers are doing in communications?

chicago

Judge a handful of communication entries for IABC Chicago’s Bronze Quill Awards – all online – right from the comfort of your home, office (or backyard lounge chair)!

Being an awards judge for a fellow IABC chapter is an interesting, educational and professionally rewarding opportunity for members only.

Participating is easy!

  1. Email both Teresa Zumwald and Jolean Olson, IABC Chicago awards co-chair, and say you’ll be a judge.
  2. Receive an email invite from Jolean, log in to IABC’s Award Force with a temporary password, and sign a confidentiality agreement.
  3. Review four or five entries online at Award Force, and score at your convenience (scoring criteria are online, and comments are optional).
  4. Finish judging your entries by Sunday, July 30.

You’re guaranteed to learn something (and maybe even get some good ideas for your next communications project).

Send your email to Teresa and Jolean today – and thanks in advance for helping out a fellow IABC chapter!

Register now: ‘Seven Secrets to Superior Persuasive Communication’ Dec. 1

If your communications could use a boost to make them more convincing, join us Dec. 1, for breakfast and learn from Chuck Roberts!

He’ll provide us a close-up look at his 2016 IABC World Conference presentation. As he tells it, “Conventional persuasive communication methods tap into only 38 percent of available persuasive power. Learn how to incorporate the other 62 percent to increase receptivity, comprehension, recall and response.” He’s CEO of Florida-based Performance Management Group.

With this program, IABC Greater Cincinnati demonstrates how it can help other professionals. Chuck Roberts’ presentation will provide Professional Development Hours (PDH) for Professional Engineers (PEs). Performance Management Group, Inc. is authorized by the Florida Board of Professional Engineers to provide 1 PDH to PEs who attend this presentation.  Most states have a reciprocity agreement to accept Florida PDH.

But you don’t need to be a Professional Engineer to attend: Any professional who needs to communicate better is welcome!

Your persuasive communication skill will likely have Continue Reading…

Chris Klein is new Programs Chair beginning July 2015

Welcome to Chris Klein, new chair of professional development programs for the IABC Greater Cincinnati Chapter!

IABC_Chris Klein_0615Chris is a Communication Specialist-Patient Services at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center.

She succeeds Teresa Zumwald, who will remain an at-large Board member. Read on for other Chapter Board members and how to contact them.