Registration is open for the 2014 Heritage Region Conference! Members should have received information in the mail highlighting some of the sessions.
Join members of IABC Greater Cincinnati and other chapters in the Heritage Region October 19-21 in Providence, R.I., to explore our changing world, engage with each other in 21 breakout sessions, and grow from knowledge gleaned throughout the conference.
Keynoter session topics include:
- CEO Confidential: Communication Secrets from the Top
- Selling and Influencing to Win Over Your Peers and Your Organization’s Power Brokers
- Now Trending: Harnessing the Power of Today’s Social Media
- The Boston Marathon Bombing: Police, Provider and Personal Perspectives
For the full lineup of speakers and schedules and to register, visit the Heritage Region website!
Lynn Groh is the winner of The 2014 Membership Challenge for IABC Greater Cincinnati! She referred new member Kelly Lund.
Lynn has won up to $250-worth of IABC ‘stuff’: registration for IABC Greater Cincinnati professional development events, as well as books, conferences, workshops and webinars purchased through IABC through next May.
Kelly is a Market Specialist at Stepping Stones. A non-profit United Way Partner, Stepping Stones helps people with disabilities find pathways to independence that will improve their lives and enable them to be fully participating members of their communities.
Lynn serves as a marketing and communications consultant to Stepping Stones. She also is CEO and Chief Consultant for Groh Global, LLC, which offers a unique blend of skills and experience in corporate communications and human resources to help organizations operate more effectively.
IABC Greater Cincinnati is moving ahead – and members and non-members can help build our community of business communicators in two ways:
1. Set the direction for 2014-2015 and beyond.
Attend the Annual Planning session on Thursday, June 26, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
The Board and interested volunteers will meet
Read the rest of this entry »
IABC Vice Chair Michael Ambjorn joins IABC Greater Cincinnati members for a special dinner Tuesday, June 17.
A special invitation will be sent via email, and space will be limited.
This is a great opportunity for our current members, and we encourage and value their active participation! Here are 5 reasons why:
- Since he will be IABC Chair in 2015-16, Michael wants to
Read the rest of this entry »
Want to boost your skills and career prospects? Check out opportunities to learn and share your expertise as a volunteer or board member for our chapter!
The current Board is planning for the 2014-15 year, and we welcome you to join us in building the best IABC chapter! Demonstrate your leadership and develop career skills in a supportive environment.
Work with a great team to:
- Develop professional development programs and workshops that inform and challenge your fellow communicators
- Organize fun networking events
- Let people know the value of IABC membership
- Protect the chapter’s finances
- Tell members and interested business communicators what we have to offer
- And more!
Check out opportunities IABC Greater Cincinnati offers that can help you in your career. Then contact email@example.com for more information!
We’re celebrating the end of our program year…and getting ready for the next!
Join us Wednesday, June 4, for Happy Hour and Networking with your fellow business communicators! We’ll meet from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at The Pub at Rookwood Mews on Edmondson Road, Rookwood Commons, Norwood. (The location has been changed.)
Besides having some fun during the work week, you’ll find out why it’s great to be an IABC member! Stop by for a gathering of the best communicators in town.
Check out our power networking tips to make the most of the event!
Let us know we can expect you–and perhaps a colleague or friend!
Change. Engage. Grow. Enter the 2014 Silver Quill Awards!
The 2014 Heritage Region Silver Quill honors communicators who demonstrate creativity and professionalism. Become part of this outstanding group by entering your best work now!
- Entries will be evaluated by highly qualified judges vetted through IABC International Headquarters. You will receive helpful, specific feedback along with your entry scores.
- Choose from a wide range of categories outlined in the Call for Entries.
- Receive recognition at IABC Heritage Region Conference Oct. 19 to 21 in Provide, R.I.
If you have questions, go to the Heritage Region website or email Silver Quill Chair Amy Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the benefits of IABC membership? Here are our top 10:
- Local professional development programs, workshops and events
- Communication World (CW)
- Chapter news e-subscription
- Discounted rates to IABC Conference
- Discounted entry for IABC awards competitions
- Free webinars for members
- Opportunity to demonstrate leadership and other skills
- Job postings
- Directory of chapter members
Send yours to email@example.com today!
What’s keep you from taking The 2014 Membership Challenge?! It ends May 31!