Take advantage of discounted member rates on IABC Greater Cincinnati’s local programs, workshops and events held throughout the year (July through June).
Topics vary each program year and have included:
- Social Media
- Employee Engagement
- Crisis Communication
- Career Advice
- Project Management
- Professional Image
- Business Etiquette
- Change Management
Past speakers have represented:
- prominent national employees such as Macy’s, Inc.,
- local employers such as UC Health,
- small businesses such as Dragonfly Editorial, and
- entrepreneurs such as speechwriter and IABC All-Star Joan J Detz.
Take The 2014 Membership Challenge!
It’s easy to join IABC Greater Cincinnati during The 2014 Membership Challenge!
If you’re not a member and have questions:
- Talk to a current member about what membership delivers or look around IABC Greater Cincinnati’s website to learn more.
- Don’t know anyone? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for the name of a member!
Send questions about membership to email@example.com.
Visit IABC to join! Your payment (plus an initial $40 application fee) includes international, regional and chapter dues. Pay at once or in four convenient installments. Corporate, Student, Student Transition, Retiree, Fellow and Honorary memberships are available.
Then get ready to learn and grow as an IABC member!
“Harness Social Media: 10 New Strategies and Tools” with Krista Neher, CEO of Boot Camp Digital, has been rescheduled to Tuesday, June 3. The program will take place from noon to 1:30 p.m. at a location to be announced soon.
We’re pleased to reschedule Krista Neher, who is an author and
Read the rest of this entry »
Refer a professional communicator who joins IABC Greater Cincinnati by May 31 and you will be entered in a drawing to win $250-worth of our chapter’s professional development events as well as IABC events, books, conferences, workshops and webinars!
Since 1970, the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) has been a vibrant resource to help professional communicators challenge themselves.
- Build and accelerate your CAREER. Tap into industry-specific resources and international communications experts from around the world. Use IABC’s Career Road Map to guide you through your career path and participate in comprehensive educational offerings to assist in achieving your career goals.
- Connect with like-minded professionals by engaging in a COMMUNITY – locally, regionally, globally and virtually.
- Learn and grow with innovative CONTENT. As a member, you’ll have access to a collection of thousands of articles, peer-reviewed research and fresh insights – all at your fingertips
As a member, you GET it! Now share what you’ve learned with a colleague, friend or family member who will benefit as you have!
What does it take to lead a creative team to go beyond good work and turn out exceptional work? How do you find energy leaks and plug them, to channel the creative energy in the direction of your business goals?
Join us Thursday, May 8 for “Leading a High-Performing Creative Team,” to hear Sabrina Shattles, owner of Shattles Communications, LLC, share tips on how you can lead your team to high performance – and have a great time getting there!
Sabrina Shattles is an award-winning communicator with a background in advertising, branding, communications, direct marketing, magazines, videos and more. For the last 12 years, she has focused on healthcare writing and has led a team of 20 creative professionals. Sabrina is the owner of Shattles Communications, LLC. She has been the Executive VP of Communications, Creative and Content for PatientPoint, and is a member of Leadership Cincinnati Class 35.
Click here to register by Monday, April 28!
IABC Greater Cincinnati will soon announce the rescheduled date for the program, “Harness Social Media: 10 New Strategies and Tools.”
We are working now to confirm a new date for this program. The professional development program was postponed because of a scheduling conflict.
Current registrants will be notified via email. Updates will be posted on this site as well.
IABC is keeping the deals rolling, with the start of Corporate Membership Month April 1 through 30!
IABC corporate membership is a great way for companies to strengthen their teams and provide professional development at an affordable price. During Corporate Membership Month, any member who recruits a new corporate package in the month of April gets three free months of membership when five or more members in a new corporate package!
- If payment is received for five or more members in a new corporate package between April 1 and 30, the referring member gets three free months of membership.
- The limit to this promotion is one full year of free membership.
- The corporate package may include a mix of current and new members. (IABC prorates dues of current members to get them on the same renewal cycle). However, it is does not apply to current corporate packages.
- Corporate group members may be
Read the rest of this entry »
IABC Greater Cincinnati and four other chapters in IABC’s Heritage Region were selected to receive one-time grants to fund new projects to support membership recruiting and retention.
Besides IABC Greater Cincinnati, other grant recipients are:
- IABC Washington, DC Metro
- IABC Richmond
- IABC New Jersey
- IABC Pittsburgh
The chapters’ leaders will report progress on the projects by mid-June, so the region’s chapters can share best ideas.
IABC Greater Cincinnati uses Constant Contact to provide members and non-members notification of upcoming professional development programs. Recently, Constant Contact advised that beginning April 1, there will be changes to the browsers they support.
Click here for details on what browsers are supported and to check your current browser version.
Also, in January 2014, the Chapter set the 2014 program and event registration policy. Click here to read more.